Each October, alumni chapters throughout Texas honor Founders Day by serving their communities. Join the Houston Alumni Chapter for a service project with Hermann Park Conservatory at the McGovern Centennial Gardens. Lauren Hill '15
, interim Houston Chapter President, planned and coordinated the project.
The chapter will be doing a beautification project:
- Weeding and mulching plant beds
- Restoring picnic tables and benches
- Planting and watering trees
- Removing invasive plants
- Cleaning and repairing trails
Questions? Contact Claire Land in the alumni office, 512-428-1224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes and long pants. (Sandals and flip-flops are prohibited)
- Weather appropriate clothing that can get dirty, wet, or muddy is recommended.
- Volunteers are encouraged to avoid wearing shorts, halter/tank tops, and/or clothing with references to alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring water and snacks with them.
- All volunteers will be required to complete activity waivers and photo waivers.