West Austin Drive-a-Senior is a well-established 5013c non-profit organization which serves seniors who no longer drive, but have a strong desire to "age in place,."
Our volunteers provide rides to medical appointments, grocery shopping, and other social events to seniors aged 65 and over in the neighborhoods of Downtown, Central, Old West, Tarrytown, Hyde Park, Rosedale and North Shoal Creek.
VOLUNTEERING WITH WEST AUSTIN DRIVE-A-SENIOR IS SO FLEXIBLE!
- No long-term commitment-volunteer one day a month or as available
- Volunteer with a friend, family, children, or even a well-behaved pet
- Quick 45 minute Orientation at 2601 Exposition Blvd.
- Most rides take 1.5 to 3 hours and are 10 miles on average
- No wheelchairs or client transfers, Elders must be ambulatory
- Signup on line or by phone
Affiliates (2) View All
Volunteers can signup one day a week, one day a month or as available.
Signup to be a volunteer driver or visitor at firstname.lastname@example.org