The Campus Community Emergency Response Team (C-CERT) is a volunteer organization whose membership consists of St. Edward’s staff, faculty, students, and other members of the campus community who play an important role in helping to safeguard, prepare for and respond to emergencies that may impact our campus. This program educates the campus community about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact our community and is trained in accordance with standards established by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Our community consists of Credentialed Members (those that have completed FEMA's G-317 CERT Basic Training Course), Non-credentialed Members (those that have NOT YET completed FEMA's G-317 CERT Basic Training Course), and non-member Supporters who like to keep up with our team and assist us in our efforts. Many C-CERT events such as our general meetings and various preparedness trainings are open to the entire SEU community. As events and trainings are scheduled, members and supporters may view the details and register here on GivePulse (Volunteer Connect). For those who want to be more involved with C-CERT, please view the resources below:
- Contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Join our email list & receive our monthly newsletter here.
- Add our Google Calendar to keep up with training & events.
- Join our Slack chat server here.
- New to GivePulse? View a guide for Using GivePulse for C-CERT here.
There are many ways to engage with C-CERT. Use the information below to decide how you would like to join us!
- Supporters: Those who are not ready to become C-CERT members but that want to keep up with our activities, attend our public events, and support us how and when they can. Interested? Start by signing up for our email list.
- Non-Credentialed Members: Those who are interested in becoming C-CERT Credentialed Members but have not yet completed FEMA's G-317 CERT Basic Training Course. Interested? Submit a C-CERT Membership Application here, and complete this online Introduction to CERT course and email your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org (G-317 CERT Basic Training Courses will be added to GivePulse once they are scheduled).
- Credentialed Members: Those who have completed FEMA's G-317 CERT Basic Training Course and that have committed to assist C-CERT and the University when emergencies arise. Credentialed Members are provided an official C-CERT emergency response backpack and commit to these minimum service requirements. Have you completed FEMA's G-317 CERT Basic Training Course? Submit a C-CERT Membership Application here.
- View our C-CERT Member time commitment expectations here.
- View our C-CERT bylaws & important documents here.
- Credentialed Members, share a little about yourself here for our "I Am SEU C-CERT" campaign.
- Join the Outreach & Education Standing Committee here.
Other Ways to Support Us:
- C-CERT and our activities are funded by donations from supporters just like you! Want to help? Donate here. (Under “Designation” choose “Other” and type in “Campus Community Emergency Response Team.”)